Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day at the Beach

Noah took me on vacation for labor day weekend. I'm telling you this because I feel the need to provide and excuse as to why, after barely starting to create a routine for my blog, I didn't make a list of interesting links.

To make up for my oversight, I present to you the highlights of my mini vacation.

#5. The hotel was lovely.  There were slightly overgrown gardens with fountains gurgling and the warm, end-of-summer scent, something like magnolia blossoms and honeysuckle, hanging in the air.

#4. I love riding in the car with Noah. We've taken lots of road trips in our time together, and I feel safe with him behind the wheel, teasing each other and being excited about what adventure lies ahead.

#3. Spending time with Noah's family and their friends. His sister was having a Labor Day cookout and we were welcomed with cold drinks and a huge feast of classic grill fodder. After, we played Mad Gabs outside, surrounded by citronella tiki torches to keep the mosquitoes away. It was fun to hang out with Noah's siblings without parental supervision. I think its the first time that's happened.

#2. A sneaky moonlight swim in the empty pool with Noah back at the hotel.
It was even prettier at night.


#1. The afternoon at the beach.  I still have sand on my toes as I write this. There is something so calming to me about the ocean. Its probably just a vitamin D boost  but I feel pretty great.




No comments: